- Student Life
Following Christmas break, the CUES school system will be 100% virtual for the first two weeks in January. Please refer to the attached letter for further details and contact us if you have any questions or concerns. January 2021 Return to School letter
January 4-8: All students will be learning, online, from home Monday-Friday
January 11-15: All students will be learning, online, from home Monday-Friday
January 18: NO SCHOOL for Teacher Inservice
Monday-Tuesday students (Group A) will return IN PERSON to school on Tuesday, January 19.
Wednesday-Thursday students (Group B) will return IN PERSON to school on Wednesday, January 20
REMOTE MEALS: Remote Meals will NOT be available during Christmas Break. Meals will be available the week of Jan. 4 and Jan. 11 on Mondays ONLY. Please email please e-mail our Cafeteria Manager Mrs. Bynote-Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Only Holy Name staff and students will be allowed inside of the building and masks are required.
Please continue to monitor this site, Facebook, and your e-mails, text, and voicemail messages for the latest updates.
First Grade at Holy Name School is a place where students can achieve excellence. Throughout the school year, the first graders cover a variety of topics in each subject. Here are just a few:
* Identify individual sounds heard in words.
* Use phonics and word structure to read unfamiliar words
* Read high frequency words
* Identify sequence of story and begin summarizing
* Begin writing process
* Sort, classify and organize items into groups
* Count and write number 1-100
* Communicate ideas for solving a problem
* Create and interpret simple picture and bar graphs
* Use manipulatives to demonstrate and understand math concepts
* Practice formal and informal prayer
* Explore the Sacrament of Baptism
* Learn more about Mass and take part in it
* Compare living and non-living things
* Identify solids, liquids, and gases
* Observe and describe changes in weather
* Identify parts of plants
* Identify animals by their classes and habitats
* Recognize parts of the solar system
* Map and graphings skills
* Community workers
* Holidays around the world
* People and places